Custom Content Management System
Please, read all given information about this project.
I was trying to keep the description as short as possible.
Please, watch all videos or at least "Introduction" from "How It Works" part of the page, just to make sure you really need this.
About this Custom Content Management System
It is a fully Custom Content Management System (CMS).
It is a ready-to-use web application that is stored on your hosting and delivered over the Internet through a browser interface.
The interface of this custom CMS is adapted for mobile devices and you can manage your website from any place where you have access to the internet using even a small mobile phone.
Important! Main objective of this Custom Content Management System is modification of a content stored in database tables on your hosting.
The reasons why you may need this custom CMS:
- you have a website without CMS and you spend a lot of time changing a couple of words or mistakes in some text or code stored in a database table on your hosting.
- you have a Content Management System, but nowadays you need instant and simple access to your database from any place where you can connect to the Internet using even a smallest mobile device.
- a pre-installed CMS (such as WordPress, Drupal, Joomla and the like) does not meet your needs and you would like to find more flexible, convenient and simple way to handle content on your website.
- You do not need specialized technical knowledge to handle it.
- This Custom CMS perfectly suits for any kind of websites which store their data in database tables.
- Custom CMS has a simple and easy to use interface adapted for mobile devices.
- Custom CMS gives you an instant and simple way to retrieve, edit, save or delete any data stored in your database.
- The custom CMS works totally by itself and does not use your website code or your pre-installed Content Management System.
- The code of CMS is totally opened, it has many comments and if you have basic knowledge of this technology you will be able to modify it yourself.
- The app has a small size and takes from 2 to 5mb space on your hosting. It depends on how many tables your database has.
- It is easy to install. You only have to copy the folder containing Custom CMS to your hosting. Watch "Second video" from "How it works" part on this page. and set a new password to access your Database. That's all. Your Custom Content Management System is ready to use.
Logic of this custom CMS based on a common user's behavior in today's world. I mean not think too much, couple of clicks, press a button and everything is done.
And it is all the same here, a user simply adds a new record (it also called a row) into a table or sets a needed parameter or parameters for the search, retrieves a row or rows from current database table and then edit, save a row or delete it.
So, this Content Management System consists of two main parts - "Add a record" section and "Edit, delete a record" section.
To take a look at a real example, please, watch "Introduction" or "First video - Part One" from "How it works" part on the page.
Add a record section
In this section, you will be able to add a new row into a database table.
Everything is pretty simple here. It's like you send a message through a contact form on a website.
You fill in all required fields (each field corresponds to a particular cell in a row from the current table) and press button "Add record" and that's all.
Edit, delete a record section
In this section, you will be able to retrieve any rows from a table according to a selected option or parameter, look through retrieved rows, edit and then save a row or delete it from a current database table.
For each table you can set one type of selection "Basic selection" or "Advanced selection" or you can set them both.
This method works like Google search when you try to find something and enter a query into the search bar.
So, you enter a query into a search bar or select one of the available parameters for the search and instantly get desired result - rows matching the query or the parameter.
In "Basic selection" a parameter (or an option) can be - all records, all records by 'category', by 'Brand', by 'Title', by 'Name', by 'product code', find a user by 'email' or by his/her 'name', find 'confirmed' or 'registered' users, find a message by user's 'name' or 'email', find comments by 'product title' or 'product code' and so on...
For example. Current table is 'Comments', you select from a select box the option 'By category Men's clothes' and instantly get all comments for this product category.
Or you enter a product code or not less than two letters from a product title into a search bar and you get all comments matches the query.
I recommend choosing "Basic selection" for relatively simple tables like 'Comments', 'Contact messages', 'Subscribers', 'Categories', 'Blog posts', 'Main links', 'Orders' and so on.
In most cases, it will be more than enough.
To take a look at a real example, please, watch "First video - Part Two" from "How it works" part on this page.
Using this method you can select one or several parameters (or options) at a time for a search.
For example, you need to retrieve particular products from the table 'products'. You set 'Max price', 'Min price', 'Available quantity', 'Brand', 'Discount', 'Product category' and so on, then press button 'Get records' and get products you need.
I recommend choosing "Advanced selection" only for complicated and big database tables like 'Products'.
As a rule, such a table has a lot of data, many rows and many columns like above.
Working with a table like this one you have to apply many parameters to narrow the search results and get only data you need.
Also, as I mentioned, "Edit, delete a record" section for a table may consist of both methods.
In this case, you get more options and a search will be more flexible for big tables.
To take a look at real example, please, watch "First video - Part Two" from "How it works" part on this page.
Minimum system requirements
Check out current version of software on your Hosting. It has to be not less than this:
Before contact or hire me
Please, read the 'Description'.
Please, watch all videos or at least "Introduction" from "How It Works" part on this page, just to make sure you really need this and to reduce amount of possible questions.
If after reading and watching you think something is still not clear enough or you would like to hire me please feel free to contact me.